Purpose of processing personal data
- Purpose (A): Providing KONGKONG service (Membership management, Provision of Korean lessons and courses, Recording learning progress etc.)
- Purpose (B): Ads and Marketing: Sending occasional e-mail newsletters about our new lessons and upcoming courses
- Purpose (C): Online target marketing (SNS/Web advertisements)
Types of Data collected
A. We collect the following categories of data based on your consent.
- Mandatory fields: Email address, Password, Nickname, Year of birth, Gender
- Optional fields: Level of Korean, Field of interest
B. The following categories of data may be automatically generated and collected when using KONGKONG website or application
When you use the Service, you will submit information and content to your profile.
We will also generate data about your use of our Services including your engagement in educational activities on the Service.
We also collect technical data about how you interact with our Services
When you use our mobile Application or PC, we collect your device type, your device ID, language and your IP address.
A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user's mobile device or PC tied to information about the user. We use session ID cookies to confirm that users are logged in.
- We process and keep your personal data until you withdraw from KONGKONG membership or the purpose of processing is achieved.
- However, we may keep your personal data longer than the above period when we are legally obligated to do so.
Destruction of Personal Data
A. We destroy your personal data when it is no longer necessary (e.g. when the retention period expires or when the purpose of processing is achieved) without undue delay.
And on your request, KONGKONG will deactivate your KONGKONG account, but the information may remain in storage for 30 days in order to comply with our (legal) obligations and to resolve disputes.
B. Destruction measures are as below.
- Personal data recorded/stored in electronic format will be destroyed in non-restorable manner
Technical and managerial measures to keep your personal data safe
We have adopted the following measures to prevent unauthorized access and use of your personal data.
1. Managerial measures: Having personal data processing policy in place, Minimizing personal data processors, Training personal data processors on personal data processing
2. Technical measures: Encryption of user information, Encryption of communications section, Adoption of security solution to protect from outside attack(hacking), Restriction of access authority on personal data processing system etc.
3. Physical measures: Restricting physical access to personal data storage/server
A. You may exercise the following rights to us, with regards to the protection of their personal data.
- Right of access
- Right to correction
- Right to erasure
- Right to withdraw consent at any time
- Right to restriction of processing
- Right to lodge a complaint to supervisory authority of your residence
B. You may contact our Privacy Officer as below at any time to exercise the aforementioned rights, in paper or electronic format such as email. In this case, we will take necessary measures without undue delay.
C. When you request the rectification or erasure of their personal information, such information will not be used or provided to third parties until the necessary measure is taken.
Sharing Personal data with third parties
KONGKONG shares your personal data only when it is necessary to offer the Service, legally required, or permitted by you.
We will provide personal data to hosting provider such as Amazon Web Services, analytics providers and support provider Google.
These data processors help us bring you the Service. For example, we may share your information in order to detect where or how you encountered a bug when using our service. In connection with these operations, our service providers will have access to personal data for a limited time. When we utilize service providers for processing any personal data, we implement contractual protections limiting the use of that personal data to the provision of services to KONGKONG.
We will be required to access and disclose personal data in response to lawful requests, such as subpoenas or court orders, or in compliance with applicable laws. Additionally, we will access and share account or other personal data when we believe it is necessary to comply with law, to protect our interests or property, to prevent fraud or other illegal activity perpetrated through the Service or using the KONGKONG name, or to prevent imminent harm. This will include accessing and sharing personal data with other companies, lawyers, agents or government agencies.
If the ownership of all or substantially all of the KONGKONG business, or individual business units or assets owned by KONGKONG that are related to the Service, were to change, your personal data will be transferred to the new owner. In any such transfer of information, your personal data would remain subject to this section.
KONGKONG will share aggregate or anonymous data collected through the Service, including Activity Data, for purposes such as understanding or improving the service.
A. To protect personal data and to handle complaints with regards to personal information, we have appointed Privacy Officer as below.
- Privacy Officer: 이성현
- Phone Number: +82-031-596-0812
- Email Address: [email protected]
B. Should users have any inquiry about the protection of their personal information, the handling of complaints, or the remedy for damages while using the services provided by us, you may contact our Privacy Officer above. In this case, we will answer to the inquiries promptly and sincerely.